Sunday 25 May 2008

Ryan O'Reilly at the Discovery Centre, Winchester



I used to go to school in Newcastle and seemed to spend the best part of five years waiting for a bus at one end or the other of the Westgate Road. We used to tell a joke - "Why are Newcastle buses like bananas? Because they are yellow and come in bunches." I know, its not that funny. What is funny, though, is that I go for months without recording anything, and then I get three gems in one day.

Ryan O'Reilly's business card says he is a singer/songwriter/musician, and if his short session before Polly and the Billets Doux at the Discovery Centre, Winchester last night is anything to go by, he's very good at all three. Here's a couple of his songs, sung with a smokey voice and a lyrics that hint at a life full of experience.

Elisabeth:



I know I'm not good enough:



If you like these songs, go check out more of his work on his web site or on Myspace or just buy some of his tracks on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment