Sunday, 25 May 2008

Rowlie at the Discovery Centre, Winchester


As I mentioned in my earlier post today, Rowlie opened the evening last night for Polly and the Billets Doux, at the Discovery Centre, Winchester. Rowlie is a print maker at the Winchester College of Fine Art, and, if his printing is as good as his singing and guitar playing, he's going to have a very successful career ahead of him. Shades of Syd Barrett, with similar lightness of touch and quirky lyrics.

Well, since I wrote the previous paragraph on on Sunday, I've seen some of Rowlie's work and I'm really impressed. This piece illillustration.com combines a great piece of fantastical artwork with an imaginative use of a virtual magnifying glass. I'll leave the reader to discover how to navigate the site, but take your time - it'll be worth it. I'd love to see the 1600x1400 dip pen and ink original. You'll find more of Rowlie's work on his web site.

The Queen and I:



Intaglio:

3 comments:

  1. This is a really great site and I'm sorry it has taken so long to find it. The potential for ongoing star performances is there and I hope others will see this and leave their comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, poshjohn. I appreciate the feedback. John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you through a link at printeresting.blogspot Thanks for the insight on this artist. Certainly is a talented fellow.

    ReplyDelete